Birthday Cake Idea: Make Your Own Butterfly Cake
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Birthday Cakes and other Birthday topics.
Can I make my own butterfly birthday cake?
Leave your birthday guests fluttering with a spectacular cake. One birthday cake idea is to bake a 9x13 cake and cut into pieces that fit together to make a butterfly. Follow the instructions below: • Let the cake cool completely before cutting and decorating.
- Cut a 1" strip from the narrow side for the body of the butterfly.
- Cut an X in the rest of the cake to make four equal-sized triangles. These become the wings.
- Lay the wings against the body, frost and decorate.
- Tint some coconut yellow or make yellow frosting (or both).
- Use gumdrops cut into various pieces to make the design on the butterfly's wings.
- Thin black licorice strips make the antennas.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.