How To Make Your Own 1st Birthday Invitations
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about 1st Birthday Parties and other Birthday topics.
How do I make my own invitations for a 1st birthday party?
Want to add a personal touch to your little one's 1st birthday? One way to do just that is by making your own 1st birthday invitations to send out to all of your guests. You'll need the following items:
- Fine quality paper
- Paper cutter
- Card stock
- Cement Glue
- Micro Hole Puncher
- Using a computer, printer, and word processing program, format the date, event, time, place, and contact information. Keep the printable area within a 3.5”x5.25” zone. If you're creative, add some graphics based on the theme of your first birthday party or a few lines about your child. Print out the design on the fine quality paper and trim with a paper cutter to 4”x5.75”.
- Trim the card stock to 4.5”x6.25”.
- Using cement glue, brush an even layer on the back of the printed fine quality paper and affix it to the center of the card stock.
- Using the micro hole puncher, create two holes on either side of the centerline of the top of the card. Leave about a 1/4” between the holes. (It might be helpful to measure the area and mark it with a pencil first.)
- Loop the ribbon from the rear of the card to the front and tie in a bow or knot.
- Insert the 1st birthday invitations into 4.75”x6.5” envelopes.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.