Birthday Party Favors For Every Age
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Birthday Party Favors and other Birthday topics.
What is an idea for birthday party favors that I can customize?
Looking for birthday party favors that would work for any age? Try creating glittering votive holders for your guests. Whether the birthday celebrant is turning 10 or 20, these birthday party favors make attractive gifts that you can customize.
This is what you'll need to make just one:
- Glass votive holder
- Adhesive vinyl numbers
- Flat-edged paintbrush
- White glue
- 1/2 ounce colored glitter
- Wax paper
- Acrylic spray
This is what you'll need to do:
- Select a numerical stencil to denote the birthday year and place it on the votive. You can use one or more than one stencil in varying sizes for a different look.
- Pour glitter onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Paint a thick layer of glue onto the glass votive while taking care to avoid the numbered area.
- Holding the votive by the rim and base, roll the entire surface onto the wax paper so that it is covered with a layer of glitter.
- Allow two hours for the glitter to dry.
- Protect the glitter by spraying acrylic spray.
- Remove the adhesive number or numbers and you have your first birthday party favor!