Etiquette For An Adult Birthday Party
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Adult Birthday Parties and other Birthday topics.
What etiquette should one follow for adult birthday parties?
If you're attending an adult birthday party, it's all the more reason to make sure you mind your manners. Following proper etiquette is not only good protocol, it's a way of showing your appreciation for the hosts of the party. In case you're a little rusty on what's appropriate and what's not, we've put together some etiquette guidelines for an adult birthday party:
- Don't come empty handed. Do bring a gift for the birthday guest of honor.
- If you receive an RSVP on the invitation, do respond according to the instructions in a timely fashion.
- Do compliment the host on the party – especially if you really are having a great time.
- If you're going out for a birthday dinner, unless it is a formal affair, do offer to pay and don't assume it's covered.
- Don't linger long after a birthday party is clearly over unless you've arranged to help the host clean up.
- If you'd like to bring a guest to a birthday event, do check with the host if the affair is informal, but don't bring extra people without making sure if it is okay.