Birthday Cake: Idea and Tips
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Birthday Cakes and other Birthday topics.
What tips are there for my own birthday cake idea?
Do you have a birthday cake idea but are hesitant to try it? Here are some tips to help your baking go smoothly:
- Grease the bottom of the pan with shortening and then cut a piece of parchment or wax paper to fit the bottom. This will help ensure that the cake comes out cleanly with smooth edges!
- Bake the cake a day or two ahead of time.
- You can freeze the cake before frosting it, which helps eliminate crumbs.
- Another option is to spread a thin layer of frosting over the cake and then refrigerate it until it's hard. Put the rest of the frosting on it then and you're less likely to get crumbs in the frosting.
- To keep the plate clean while you decorate the cake, lay some strips of wax paper underneath the cake.
- After decorating, remove the wax paper strips, which should have caught any drips.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.